It Comes In Threes... And Random Stuff...

Posted by: Andee / Category: ,

Well, over the past week we have lost Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson. The old saying that death comes in threes is true. The news has been full of "Breaking News" alerts today.


I have always thought Ed was a lovable guy, I remember watching him on Star Search when I was a kid. Of course there were the old Tonight Show clips of him saying, "Heeeeeeere's Johnny!"

Farrah was a beautiful woman who fought like hell to with that battle over cancer. Cancer is a bitch, I lost my Dad to cancer and he fought like hell, too. She didn't want to die and she flew to Germany to receive cutting edge alternative therapy. In the end there was nothing much that could be done. I can't wait until science finds a way to cure cancer... there are too many good people out there being taken from us.


Michael Jackson is the celebrity I know the most about of the three. I don't mean to ignore the other two celebrities as the news is pretty much doing if you as me, but I don't know a whole lot about them. I am sure they were amazing people who helped a lot of others. They will all be missed.

I grew up in the 80's, and I remember watching the "Bad" music video with my Dad. My father wasn't a Jackson fan (that I knew of) but he made the comment that Jackson had an amazing talent.

The guy was larger than life, a true perfectionist who beat himself up constantly. This was probably due to the mental, emotional and physical abuse from his father. I think I recall reading something about his father telling him he had an ugly nose, and this might be the reason he was never happy with his physical appearance and constantly getting plastic surgery.

My big brother was a big fan. When he came to visit one weekend he took the time to try and teach me the moonwalk. I am proud to say that my moonwalk was better than my brother's! Of course I was the one with the dance training. :) Hahaha...

Michael Jackson didn't have a childhood. He was thrust into show business at the age of five, he didn't have a choice. He tried so hard to hold onto any thread of childhood innocence that he almost seemed child-like in many of his interviews (in my opinion). This is also what I believe caused him to constantly surround himself with children, something that caused him some trouble.

When Michael was accused of sexual molestation I had no idea what to believe. I am still on the fence about it, but I didn't follow the trial closely to listen to all evidence that was presented. I do think it's possible that the people accusing him of these things wanted money from one of the showbiz elite, but it's also possible that Jackson committed acts that he got away with.

The guy was troubled. Everyone can see that. Many newscasters are saying that he was an admitted prescription drug addict who had doctors who continued to give him prescriptions just like those who probably enabled Anna Nicole Smith.

One thing I have been thinking a lot about today is how celebrities are so huge in the world. There are people who are just as talented, kind, smart, and that contributed to society and helped their fellow man that we never hear about. Doctors who researched cancer, for instance. Sure... they are talked about in their medical community, but they are not respected as much as a guy who could dance in inventive ways, or the lady that men all over the world lusted after or the guy who introduced Johnny Carson on the tonight show.

The news on Jackson (and the others but not nearly to the same degree) is constant. Special legal analysts, doctors, mental health workers and reporters who covered his trial are being beamed into our living rooms giving commentary on his life and how today will live on forever in the minds of the people of the world. The trial was a circus, but this puts it to shame... and it isn't going to go away any time soon.

I hope all three are a peace right now. I mentioned that I have no idea what I believe in anymore a million times on this blog, but I would like to think that our souls live on somehow.

Goodbye to some great entertainers.

Andee


0 comments: