Dinner with the Family

Posted by: Andee / Category: ,

I just got back from Salt Lake City with a lovely holiday outing with my family. I met my family at a restaurant called Buca Di Betpo, and we had some amazing italian food. I guess Buca Di Betpo is a large chain of restaurants, but I had never seen them before. I will definitely be going back. I recommend the chicken cannelloni and the apple crostata.

After dinner we exchanged gifts. I got was I was hoping for... a really nice digital camera. I will finally be able to share photos of my daily adventures instead of finding them online. I hope they will be as interesting. I am excited to learn more about photography!!

After the gift exchange, we went to the Salt Lake City Temple. We parked the cars in a garage and made our way over to the spectacle of lights. It was stunning, and I wished I could have had more time to set up my new camera before we left.

Roomie thought that the crowd at temple square was pushy and rude... and he was right. There were so many people there that it was worse than a crowded day at a theme park. We were pushed, cut off on the sidewalks, and our feet were ran over by strollers. Not one person said, "Excuse me," or "Pardon me." Nothing. Weird...

We were only approached by missionaries once during the visit. It was a pair of female missionaries, and one of them was from Australia. They were very pleasant, and took the hint that we didn't want to hear a "message." I have a feeling that we would have been stopped more if it were less busy.

I will add more tomorrow. Happy Holidays!!!
Sydney


0 comments: