Judgement Day

Posted by: Andee / Category: ,

A photo I took yesterday. The snow was untouched and beautiful. It was so peaceful, love it.


I received a comment on my blog this morning that upsets me just a little. It shouldn't, but it does. The person who left the comment was anonymous, which I find funny. If you are going to make snap judgments on people, shouldn't you be willing to stand by your statements? Not this guy... Not only did he attack my knowledge of the word of God, but he told me I was allowing other people to do my thinking for me because I shared a few articles I found interesting from another site.

Lets get one thing crystal clear. I stand behind everything I put on this blog. You don't have to agree with it, it's my opinion. It's my right to have it, and to share it. Having the opinions I do isn't easy. I grew up Mormon, went to Primary, Young Womens, and then Relief Society. Then, I woke up and realized it was a load of crap. That doesn't make me a bad person, and it certainly doesn't make me any less close to God. It makes my connection to God stronger and more honest.

Anonymous also stated that I, "missed the point." Wrong. Spiritual lives are individual and as personal as you can possibly get. To think that you could possibly (even slightly) know what I know and how I learned it from a couple posts on my blog you are kidding yourself. There are things that I don't even mention here... and thats how I want it to stay. Personal.

Why do people feel the need to make others conform to their beliefs? I will admit it, I want to shout out from every mountaintop how much Mormonism isn't what the church makes it to be... but not for selfish reasons. The only reason I would want to do this is because I know there are millions of people who were just like me. Members of the church, confused, sad, and unhappy because they never feel good enough in the eyes of the church. Guess what? The Church isn't telling the truth, and it's easy as pie to see that. Sometimes people want others to conform for bad reasons...

I find it sad when people feel the need to lash out at people like me. I don't think I am being targeted because I said something specific, I think he is just an angry person and I happened to be the place where his anger landed. I think people do it to feel important or smart. In reality, the only thing it does for them is to prove that they don't know God very well either if they are making judgments on perfect strangers. There is only one judge, and I will be happy to meet him one day.


0 comments: