The Ghostie

Posted by: Andee / Category: ,

I suffer from insomnia. I will lay down in bed and my brain will kick on. I can't stop thinking, worrying (which is pointless) and my imagination soars. It's annoying, and I am always tired. That being said, I have a story to tell ya.

About 4 months ago I was about half asleep. I was tossing and turning trying to get comfortable and I had almost drifted into dreamland when I heard, "HEY!" from the left side of my bed. I thought my roommate was trying to play a trick on me, and I sat straight up in bed and got ready to kick his ass. When I looked around, there was no one. My heart was racing, my blood pressure went up and I tried to convince myself that it was a dream or my imagination playing tricks on me.

I didn't even think much of it, but a few weeks later it happened again... from the same place, the same voice (deep, male) and it was pretty loud. I then told my roommate about it, and he didn't really believe me. I told my Mom about it a couple weeks ago when she came for a visit, and she was creeped out by it as well. (Which was pretty mean of me because she always went to bed before me and we shared my bedroom...)

Well, flash forward to yesterday... I decided to take some "self-portraits" to use for my myspace page and I snapped about 20 photos of me in my bathroom mirror. My roommate was bored, so he went through them later on in the day and he handed me the camera and said, "Hey, what's this?" I honestly don't know what it is... there was only one photo out of 20 with this thing in it.

I asked my friends on postMormon.org (I have many photographer buddies there) what they thought it was and they convinced me it was due to my camera's shutter speed. I will gladly take their explanation! They also told me of a thing called "Exploding Head Syndrome" which causes you to hear loud noises during the night, sometimes waking you from a sound sleep. I love the scientific explanation and I will go with that!

Anyway, I thought it was a pretty cool story, and I will use the "Hey!" ghost and photos for my next Halloween party!

Have a good day everyone!
-Sydney


0 comments: