Comments

Posted by: Andee / Category: ,

The number of people reading my blog has jumped dramatically lately. People are starting to leave comments left and right... and I love it. Whether you agree with my position on the church or not, you are more than welcome to comment and post your feelings. That being said, here are some things I want to get off my chest...

I am always going to allow anonymous comments. I am not bashing all anonymous comments, I want to make that clear. The thing that bothers me about anonymous comments the most is when someone attacks my personal character and doesn't have the courage to at least give me their first name. Hell, you could even make a name up. It's just cowardly to judge me as a person and hide behind "anonymous."

I would like to take the time to address some of the things people had to say...

I hope that you truly understand and recognize the position that you as a "former LDS member" have put yourself in. Good luck to you -Anonymous
Here we have a perfect example of what I am talking about. Of course I understand the position I am in. I know that my research backs me up, and I stand behind everything I have said. It's how I feel. I don't have to apologize for it. As for wishing me luck at the end of that sentence, it's a little jab and everyone knows it. It was meant to induce fear. How Christ-like.

you just don't get it haven't you ever felt the spirit ever you are horrible -anonymous
As I have stated many times on my blog, I have felt the warm and fuzzy feeling most Mormons describe. Unfortunately, none of those warm fuzzy feelings had anything to do with the church in any way. As for telling me I am horrible, it's just a personal attack because I don't agree with you.

Let me lay it on the line for this person... if you want to discuss and debate what I have to say, do it with respect for me and everyone else that leaves comments. It speaks volumes that instead of having facts, data, or knowledge on the matter you insult me personally. If you don't want to discuss things like rational human beings, don't bother posting. If you make a personal jab like that is shows that you don't have much to say except that you disagree. Tell me why you disagree... don't tell me how horrible I am.

what do you think that we have microchips programed to make us feel like we feel the spirit.Thalia
I did thank Thalia for leaving her name. It's awesome that she understands that if she disagrees she can stand behind her position and put her name on it.

I have no idea why she thinks I believe Mormons have microchips... that comment kind of made me go, "Huh?" Again, I know plenty of Mormons, and I grew up Mormon. I know what I am talking about.

You can actually find answers to many of your Mormon-related questions by going to www.fairlds.org and checking out their information.

In the meantime, it's obvious you are dealing with some real issues that appear to be consuming oyu. I would strongly suggest some counseling - particularly grief counseling and dealing with anger-management. -Anonymous
I have been to every Mormon apologetics website you could possibly name. Trouble with apologetics is that they are making excuses for things that have occurred in the past. Saying things like, "He wasn't speaking as a prophet, he was speaking as a man," doesn't help the issues. It doesn't make anything okay. You can believe me when I tell you that I wanted the Mormon church to be true. I wanted to believe that I would see my Dad again and have that eternal family. I didn't set out trying to disprove the church, it was the opposite.

Again, I have done my homework. I don't agree with fairlds' explanations. Period. Their answers don't make sense.

Now, for telling me that I have anger management issues and telling me that I should be a counselor, you are wrong. I don't have anger management issues. I think I am actually a pretty calm and collected person. The only thing I am doing here is sharing the truth.

What in the world did I say that would make you assume I had anger management issues?

Another personal jab from another anonymous person. If you want to discuss the facts, lets discuss them. I am all for it. Don't insult me personally. It only shows your lack of knowledge of the facts involved.







2 comments:

  1. Anonymous Says:

    I check your blog so many times a day because you give me comfort to know that their are others that trust their own brains instead of their "burning bosoms". I am on of those people that joined the church at 18 while loving the idea of families and I really could care less about the prophet joe. I wanted something I did not get as a child. Importance of family issues. My conversion was never doctrinal at all. After getting sealed my life went downhill fast. I was no longer the person I always wanted to be and I was drowning myself in a religion that on the outside was wrapped in a superficial wrapping of christianity. I am so glad I have found out the truth and that I am leaving the biggest lie I have ever been involved in. Thank you for being so honest. I am babbling now and probably was all over the place with my topics...sorry. I will proudly sign my artifical name;) I did make those oaths you know!

    daisy may

  1. Andee Says:

    Daisy May,

    Thank you so much for the kind words. You have no idea what that means to me... especially with the nasty comments I have been getting lately.

    Thanks for checking out my blog. It's random at times, but it's fun for me. It gives me a chance to explain why I left, and why it's important to share with people the truth.

    I am glad you found out the truth too, and I consider you a friend. Post here anytime.