Diet Coke and Popcorn

Posted by: Andee / Category:


Valentine's Day is tomorrow, and I have no boyfriend. I am not complaining really, but after seeing the commercials for diamonds, flowers, chocolates and other fine lovely treasures I can't help but feel a little sorry for myself. If I hear the phrases, "He went to Jared!" or "Every Kiss begins with K!" one more time I might have to cause harm to my television.

I am fine being alone... well, alone as I can get with a roommate and three cats. I don't need to have a relationship with a guy to make me feel good about myself. I have never felt that way. It's another reason why the church didn't make sense to me. Why in the world should I have to be married off and have tons of babies to follow God's plan for me? It doesn't add up.

One day, I will have a Valentine. It will be great. Hopefully he will know about my love of Diet Coke and Popcorn... instead of a fancy dinner at some super-glitzy restaurant we could hunker down in the living room and watch scary movies all night. THAT is fun. I plan on doing that tomorrow night by myself :D

Happy Valentine's Day!
Sydney


0 comments: