Would You Want to Know?

Posted by: Andee / Category: , ,

When I first started my departure from Mormonism I read a letter someone wrote to his family to describe why he was leaving the church. This man was a BYU graduate, so his family was extremely shocked and sad...

He started off his letter by asking those reading it one simple question:

If the Church you gave your time, money, and heart to were untrue would you really want to know?

Yesterday, my Mom called my grandpa to check in on him after a Doctor's appointment. He started getting on her case about why she made the decision to leave, and she stood her ground. She told me that she asked Grandpa that very question... Would you want to know?

It's something that echoes in my head over and over when I think about how hard it was for me to learn the truth about the church. I don't want to hurt other people by being honest, but I am not going to stand by and watch them be lied to either.

Grandpa is supposed to give me a call to talk to me about my "questions" with the church. I don't have questions, he does. He will just bear his testimony over and over and tell me Satan is leading me away from our eternal family. I am prepared for it. I am just concerned as to how much I should really tell him. He is a very old man, and hurting him isn't something I want to do. I am at war with myself as to what I should do. Should I explain everything, or should I just blow it off and let him be... even though he is the one contacting me on the issue.

Ugh, why is this so hard?


1 comments:

  1. Anonymous Says:

    I come stalk your blog every single day since I found it. I am going through the same exact thing. "do you really want to know" I also have been thinking about the question my so called friends keep asking me about my leaving "did you get offended" it is ironic they ask that...because 1 I am not offended and 2 the second I tell them I think the church is untrue ...THEY GET OFFENDED - go figure

    Amy