Redemption!

Posted by: Andee / Category: , ,

I couldn't let my banana disaster cupcakes get the best of me. I couldn't move on with life facing a first-week-failure...

I decided to try something completely different, and I am really happy with the super-delicious results... and what better way to redeem myself than including an ingredient I was once warned against in Mormonism! Coffee!!

Here are the steps for Andee's Dark Chocolate Espresso Cupcakes!


I used a dark chocolate cake mix. After the banana disaster, I wasn't up for a "from scratch" adventure.

After I baked the cupcakes and let them cool, I cut a cone-shaped hole in the cupcakes and added a spoon-ful of the chocolate espresso mixture:

A shot of espresso (or instant coffee if you are in a pinch)
Hershey's syrup (just go by how you want your texture)
A couple spoonfuls of chocolate frosting

Mix together until the mix is the texture you like, taste, add something else... taste... this is how I bake... never measure... just lots and lots of cake batter testing and filling tasting until you get it how you want it.


Cut off excess cake from the "cone" and replace the top of the cupcake...


Add icing and decorations.

As you can see, my filling was a little runny and the tops of the cupcakes were caving a little. That's okay... because the taste more than makes up for it!

Wow, were these good.


Messy.... but good!

My apologies for the photos. Not my best work by far. I didn't take the extra time to set up the tripod because I was a little lazy.

Andee


3 comments:

  1. Jessi Marchese Says:

    I live for messy. I BREATHE messy. Chocolate! Espresso! Together! In one messy, gooey lump of tastetastic glory! Drool.

  1. Craig Says:

    Those do look good. I want some.

  1. Andee Says:

    The Marcheses,

    These were the best cupcakes so far! Very, very good. Two thumbs up, and I plan on making more.

    Craig,

    When we meet up for coffee, I will bring a bunch of cupcakes for ya!

    Andee