Boot Camp

Posted by: Andee / Category: , , ,


Okay, so today I walked into the break room to enjoy an hour of vegetable thins crackers and a really good novel for my lunch break...

Unfortunately for me, I overheard something that made me have to bite my tongue for the rest of the day. I don't want to start crap at work, so I just keep my mouth shut. It's hard to do, believe me. I am not one to keep my opinions to myself... I just want to stay as professional as possible.

The TBM gentleman (I use that term loosely, he is known for being a know-it-all who thinks he has the right to tell everyone in the world what they should be doing in their lives. He is also the same jackass who told me that he wouldn't "let" his daughters marry a man he didn't approve of.) was seated at the table with a couple of his buddies (who I assume are LDS) and they were laughing and carrying on. I assumed it was Christmas jokes, or stories related to the holiday.

I was wrong.

TBM says, "Yeah, my wife had never done the dishes, done the laundry, or cleaned a bathroom until she married me!"

At this point in their conversation I knew I wasn't going to have a good reaction. I grabbed my crackers (ever had those? They are damn good!) and tried to drown out their conversation as much as possible. Unfortunately for me I could still hear every word.

Buddy #1: Yeah, I bet she had no idea what she was getting into!
Buddy#2: Hahahahah!
TBM: Yeah, her first week of marriage was like cooking/cleaning boot camp!
Everyone: HAHAHAHAHA!

How many things are wrong with this situation? Many.

First of all, where does it state that the woman has to do all the cooking and cleaning? Oh, thats right, it's her job because she is a Mormon wife and mother. Forgive me.

The thing that pissed me off the most was the fact that she had a hard time in the beginning of the marriage (at least I assume this from her husband's narrative) and he thought it was funny. Not only funny, but funny enough to talk about it with his buddies and laugh behind her back.

What an asshole.

Seriously.

Andee


0 comments: