More Quotes

Posted by: Andee / Category: ,


I can't get enough quotes lately... if they are about Mormonism, being an apostate, Utah, or religion in general they are speaking to me.

"When his life was ruined, his family killed, his farm destroyed, Job knelt down on the ground and yelled up to the heavens, "Why god? Why me?" and the thundering voice of God answered, "There's just something about you that pisses me off." Stephen King.

"With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." -- Steven Weinberg

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction." -- Blaise Pascal

"Where knowledge ends, religion begins."-- Benjamin Disraeli

"I do not think that the real reason why people accept religion is anything to do with argumentation. They accept religion on emotional grounds. One is often told that it is a very wrong thing to attack religion, because religion makes men virtuous. So I am told; I have not noticed it." -- Bertrand Russell

"Being religious means asking passionately the question of the meaning of our existence and being willing to receive answers, even if the answers hurt." -- Paul Tillich

"When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion." -- Abraham Lincoln

"Of all bad men religious bad men are the worst." -- C.S. Lewis

"The beauty of religious mania is that it has the power to explain everything. Once God (or Satan) is accepted as the first cause of everything which happens in the mortal world, nothing is left to chance... logic can be happily tossed out the window."-- Stephen King

"Truth is so rare that it is delightful to tell it."-- Emily Dickinson

"We are never deceived; we deceive ourselves." -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you mad." -- Aldous Huxley

"Half a truth is often a great lie." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Ignorance, the root and the stem of every evil." - Plato

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."-- Edmund Burke


0 comments: