Always Worthy

Posted by: Andee / Category: , ,

A friend of mine from PostMormon.org took this photo while stuck in traffic yesterday.


Here are some quick observations...

First of all, how self-righteous can you be? Not only do you announce to yourself that you are "always worthy" but you have the nerve to make that announcement to everyone else? Do you think we care that you are "always worthy?" Not really. I just find stickers like this arrogant.

Secondly, as alis mentioned:

You know, it's one thing if you have this sort of thing on your closet door, or on you bathroom mirror, etc. as a reminder to YOURSELF to try to be worthy, if that's what you need/want. But it's a completely different thing to put it on the back of your car, to announce it.

My Mormon friends... we know that you feel it's important to strive for the goals that keep the temple recommend in your wallet, but it's not really something to brag about. That is the vibe I get here... someone is bragging.

Someone else, Frank, said this:

My first impression was that it was a "liberal Mormon bumpersticker", implying that one is always worthy of God.

I don't think my brain could accept someone could be that ******* self-righteous.

I hope Frank is right...


0 comments: