A Quick Statement

Posted by: Andee / Category:

Recently I was asked why gays and lesbians want to get married. I am not a lesbian, so I am the last person to speak for their group, but this came to mind:

Why do straight people want to get married?

Don't you think the reasons behind marriage, regardless of the couple being gay/straight, are pretty damn similar? Wanting to declare openly and legally that you love your partner?

Why do people assume it's for reasons that are wrong?

I am still shocked by some of the comments I read about this issue, and how truly ignorant people are. Just when you think the world is starting to be a better place, you realize how far we have to go.


1 comments:

  1. Anonymous Says:

    Marriage. To me � it�s just a piece of paper. When you get down to the nitty gritty of it, I guess I got married because (a) I figured I didn�t want to deal with my family asking us why we were �living in sin�, and (b) it legally makes things a lot easier.

    To me � commitment is what makes a relationship. Not a piece of paper called �marriage�.