Making It Formal

Posted by: Andee / Category: , , ,


I have decided to resign from the Church. It's going to be delivered on November 4, 2008, along with other resignations from the SignForSomething.org campaign.

My letter is going to be long, and it's going to be personal. I am even debating writing it by hand instead of by computer to make it even more personal. I am planning on sharing exactly how I feel about each and every problem I have with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and I really hope someone other than Greg Dodge reads it.

I know I am in a dream world thinking that my letter would actually make a difference to the men in charge of the organization, they will write me off as a sinner as soon as they realize it's a resignation letter... but it's my goal to make a difference somehow.

I can't ignore how they treat people anymore. By not doing anything, I am just as guilty.

When I am done writing the letter (it's nowhere near done... sorry) I will post it on the blog. It's a very personal look into my life, much more so than just revealing my real name. I am not in hiding anymore. I have nothing to be ashamed of.

It feels good.

Andee


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous Says:

    That is great, congratulations!!!

  1. Andee Says:

    Thank you! :D