What Nerve!

Posted by: Andee / Category: ,


A few years ago my Mom was trying to get temple-worthy to get the family sealed together. She was a full believer at that time, and she was willing to do anything to be right in the eyes of her leaders.

Her bishop (who has since given up his "throne") told her that to be temple worthy she would have to go to a court of love. I am not sure what the whole thing was about, but I can't picture a more loving and caring person than my mother. I am not just saying that... I really mean it. She would do anything for anyone...

So, he calls her in and they do the whole court thing. She can't partake in the sacrament for a couple months as some kind of punishment for her sins. It makes me so mad.

A few months later she stopped going to church, and many months after that she sent in her resignation to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Fast forward to today.

My Mom is sitting in her office and her ex-bishop (who works for the same company) walks in. My Mom considered this guy a friend, someone to confide in. Someone to talk to. Someone that would never judge her for anything. She was wrong.

He walked into her office, asked her for a form of some kind, and left without saying two freaking words to her. She was sad, mad, angry... you name it.

What nerve!

What the hell is wrong with this guy? He thinks he has the right to call someone into a court of love, judge them, and then treat them like this? I say we call him to our own little court of love. He needs to repent for being a first class asshole.

Gawd.

Andee


6 comments:

  1. Anonymous Says:

    Wouldn't you just love 5 minutes to tell that guy off? What a jerk! Your mom is sooo nice that I don't see how anyone could do anything like that to her.

  1. Andee Says:

    You said it.

    5 minutes wouldn't be enough to tell this guy off. I think I might just need a couple hours to put him in his place.

    She really considered him a friend, she never thought he would be the kind of person that would stop talking to her because she left the church. She is the same person she was when she was in the church, so it's him that changed.

  1. Unknown Says:

    What an Ass. Shows how genuine his friendship was to her. I'm so sorry, she deserves better.

  1. Andee Says:

    Demand More,

    You are right. It's obvious now that he was only being kind to her when she followed his directions in life.

    I knew this guy pretty well growing up, and he always seemed like the nicest guy... I just don't get how he could be so outrageously rude to someone just because they left the church.

    He needs a good long look in the mirror.

  1. Anonymous Says:

    The Court of Love sounds like something out of 1984. XD

  1. Andee Says:

    The Original Anonymous,

    The court of "love" thing is one of the dumbest things about the church, in my humble opinion of course.

    The whole idea is to call someone in who has "sinned" and ask them question after question about what they did, why they did it, and if they plan on doing it again. I don't see how a forgiving God would want to have people kicked out of a church... if anything, a loving God would want them in the church then more than ever. To strengthen them.

    It really upsets me that this happened to my Mom. There were guys in a room with her probing her about her personal life, and that was none of their damn business to begin with. She doesn't need their permission to remain a member of a church... it's all make believe power.