The Customer Is Not Always Right

Posted by: Andee / Category: ,


I have been working in guest/customer service for almost 10 years. Most of this time was spent in various theme parks in the Orlando, Florida area. I have seen and heard almost anything, and I wanted to share this website that allows people who work with the public a chance to share with the rest of the world what they have to put up with on a daily basis.

The Customer is Not Always Right.

Here are a few of my favorites:

Film Processing Lab | Bay Area, California

Woman: “Your f***ing machine won’t accept my memory card from my camera!”

Me: “That’s very strange ma’am, as our machines accept all of the memory cards that I’ve ever heard of.”

Woman: “Well, your machines are obviously old! My husband bought me an EXPENSIVE camera, because I only like the best! You people need to get better machines! My memory card won’t even FIT in any of the slots!”

Me: “May I see your memory card? Maybe I can figure out what’s wrong.”

(Woman hands me her memory card huffily.)

Me: “Um… ma’am, I don’t know how to tell you this, but this is your camera battery.”

Woman: “…”

(She snatches her battery out of my hands and storms out of the store.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Restaurant | West Palm Beach, FL

Seafood Restaurant Customer: (While looking at the lobster tank full of live lobsters) “Do you have any fresh ones?”

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Theme Park | Lagoon, UT, USA

(I work in a burger stand)

Me: “Welcome, what can I get for you?”

Lady: “I would like a cheeseburger with no cheese.”

Me: “Umm…would you just like a hamburger?”

Lady: “No. I would like specifically a cheeseburger with no cheese.”

Me: “Are you sure? A cheeseburger is 25 cents more than a hamburger.”

Lady: “Yes, I’m sure.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Ice Cream Shop | Encinitas, CA, USA

Angry man: “This is ridiculous! Look how small these cones are!”

Other server: “Uh…?”

Me: “Can I help you?”

Angry man: “Yeah! Each time I come in here, the cones get smaller and smaller, and the scoops are tiny!”

Me: “Sir, those are standard sized scoops. But if you’d like, I can add on a bit more ice cream.”

Angry man: “It’s not about the ice cream! It’s the fact that you are taking money from people and making everything smaller. This is ridiculous! Don’t you feel ashamed?”

Me: “I’m sorry sir…I’ll talk to my manager about that if you’d like.”

Angry man: “Yeah, well, good!”

(He tries to toss the ice cream cone in the trash, but misses. He picks the cone up off the ground and throws it away. The other server and I try to keep from laughing.)

Angry man: “You’ve just lost a customer for life!” *stalks out, red-faced*

Me and the other server: “Wow…”

(In re-enters a customer with his son who I had just served moments before.)

Another customer: “Don’t worry about that guy. He was just screaming at someone over at the next door grocery store for not having the correct amount of bananas per bunch.”


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous Says:

    LOL! This is hysterically funny and so accurate!

    Have you ever read David Sedaris's essay on working as an elf at Macy's during Christmas? One of my favorite parts is this customer getting all bent out of shape and in his face about something, and she says: "I'm going to have you fired." And he says: "And I'm going to have you killed."

  1. Hiker Says:

    Juneau, Alaska. Woman looks at the Mendenhall Glacier and asks, "Is it made out of styrofoam?"

    People also ask to see hunchback whales.