Hate Mail

Posted by: Andee / Category: , ,


I love getting hate mail. Really, I do.

There is nothing that makes me happier that to sit back and watch people turn into total hypocrites. It's quite amusing.

Here are some of my favorites. The first batch is from the Mormon Temple article I wrote months and months ago. People still read it, and it's by far the reason people are outraged with me and my beliefs... oh, and how dare I share photos of temple garments! What ever am I thinking?

Guess I will burn in hell for sure now!


  • I hope that you truly understand and recognize the position that you as a "former LDS member" have put yourself in. Good luck to you
  • You obviously don't know anything at all. Your facts are all screwed up, but then again you wouldn't do something as stupid as this if you didn't hold some kind of grudge. Grow up and get over it.
  • you just don't get it haven't you ever felt the spirit ever you are horrible
  • I absolutely love all of the anti-mormon "facts" that exist out there. So informative, so helpful, and they way they enrich peoples lives is truely honorable. I hope that all of the anti-mormons and on the fence folks out there understand one thing, anyone can manipulate "facts" actually there is a whole profession out there dedicated to it, it's called politics. So you can stop missrepresenting your facts as truth and quit lying to people about the Mormon church, it's unhealthy for you and simply not true. Just because you didn't have the faith it took to get over the things about the church you didn't or more likely couldn't understand doesn't give you the right post our sacred ordinances online. Nothing you say or do will stop the progress of the church, in fact people like you drive investigators to the missionaries doorsteps every day. So I am asking you to end your blog, effective immediately, or I will do some research on windy sydney and start posting all of your missdeeds and the real reasons you left the church, which for everyone else out there is 99% due to sin, ie drug or alcohol abuse, or sexual missdeeds. So this is your opportunity to start making good choices, I will check this blog in 36 hours if I find it, I will begin revealing who you really are to the world. Yes I am a mormon and yes I am far from perfect and yes I will follow through on this. Leave the sacred alone or I will become a thorn to you. Don't believe me, just ask the guy who made the movie God Makers what his life was like after he was revealed to be a lying fraud like you. You have 36 hours from now. Start erasing.
  • When I was a missionary I met so many missinformed people just like you. I don't assume anything for one, and in fact doubts are healthy when one wishes to seek truth. Problem is you and every other anti out there do nothing more than twist words and phrases to conform to your views. And then have the audacity to come back with excuses like, "oh you can get a warm fuzzy feeling from this or that", to try and manipulate people into thinking that praying for truth is an invalid way to find it. I'm not going to try and convince you and you sure won't convince me and in reality you have literally no influence on anyone, you are a nobody and will likely remain as such, that said the reason I am taking the time to write this is because you offended God and myself by placing those sacred things online. If I were you I wouldn't be waisting my time writing your thoughtless replies, and start erasing the stuff you have on here, the clock is ticking. 29 hours to go.
  • Don't all of you anti-mormon dunnces wish that I were making physical threats. But if you had really understood the first post you would know what I am referring to. In history we learn of the Crusades where Christians and Muslims fought eachother for both Jerusalem and it's Holy relics. My mission here is very much a crusade in it's own right, the difference being that instead of bloody sword fights I will simply just expose you for what you are, a fraud. And since your little buddy eight hour lunch decided to chime in they can consider themselves next. You criticize me for remaining anonymous yet don't give your full names either. And yes Jesus did associate with sinners but again what you anti's forget is that he didn't associate with the Saducees and Pharasees which is what you all are. So as far as my name it's Peter but to make my crusade against anti-mormon hypocrisy complete you may refer to me as The Spear. Not only will I poke holes in your "facts" but I will expose every anti-mormon person on your page. All of them will blame you for their fall. I will begin with you Sydney, next will be eight hour lunch, then Landon, then your australian buddy who defiled the sacred garments, then the so called Pastor. And I will continue down the line until my crusade is finished. Even Jesus had his limit with fools defiling the Sacred, remember the part of the Bible where he used a whip to forcible remove people from the Temple? Probably not, well he did and what I am doing is the same I asked you to not defile the Sacred and instead you decided to mock it even further. So part one of my riddle is this: fact, Christopher Columbus wasn't looking for an alternative spice route to India when he landed in the Americas, so then what was he really looking for? If you can answer that you will begin to see what is fact and what is fiction, you work with fiction not fact yet most people accept it because it's an easier pill to swallow, that doesn't make it fact. I am a fair man you now have 11.5 hours. Start erasing.
  • Well, I feel bad for you on the other side. I think it's pretty sad that you have wasted such time on proving a religion wrong with false facts. Maybe you should get a life.
  • Wow, you are way off the beaten path, too bad you didn't atleast take the time to tell the truth. I love how you tell half truths and all your buddies take them as complete fact. Do something better with your time.
  • Sydney, You grew in the church and yet you never know where you are standing. I truly believed to what anonymous said. And I to myself, know that the Church is true. And someday, this blog that you created will be a standing testimony against you.
  • While looking for a picture of the Logan temple I stumbled upon your site by accident. I believe that everyone is entitled to have their own opinions. However, I find it very interesting that ex-LDS members always find it worthwhile to spend massive amounts of time creating websites,etc. focused on trying to destroy others faith. Just because I don't agree with the Catholics or the Jews, I don't criticize or disrespect what they believe. Whether you believe or not, it seems pretty ridiculous to post pictures of people in their garments on a blog. I don't care what you do with it in the future because I won't be visiting this site again, but for your own sake it might be wise to find something better to do with your time.
  • Why is it nessicary to post these offensive pictures? aren't you ashamed of yourself?
  • you don't deserve polite conversation, Take the damn pictures down.
You might notice a couple of the ones in the middle came from an extreme guy who threatened me and others to the point that we had to get the FBI involved. That was fun. Here are more:

  • How sad that you need someone elses research to help you decide about Mormonism.... and how said that you are not well founded in the word of God. Your foundation has not changed... when you blindly followed the Mormon leaders you were putting your trust in the "arm of flesh"... now that you had made your decision based on the research someone else has done, you are still putting your trust in the arm of flesh... You have missed the point.
  • I am truly sorry for your lack of faith in the LDS church. There is no question that the church has a very racist background, as do most churchs. Brigham Young and other prophets said a lot of things that are not in accordance to modern day teachings, but that was his opinion of that time, not him speaking as a prophet, as a mouthpiece of God. He said what people wanted to hear of that day. The point is the church is run by imperfect beings, and if you want to find the negative you most certainly will find it, no question. But if you choose to look at the positive you will see that the church is run by some truly wonderful hard working people just trying to do a little good in the world. The best thing I did was to move out of Utah. I didn't gain a testimony until I left and saw how the rest of the world lives. It's a pretty miserable world, it's nice to have a little constant in my life such as the church.
  • Its fine that you no longer have a desire to be a member of the mormon church, but why include a post on your blog that makes fun of Pres. Hinckley's death. To many people he was a good man. At one point in your life you also looked up to him. What good does it do to try and soil his name? Try and think back to the time that you first began to question your beliefs in the church. What types of influences did you have around you? How did those influences mold your thinking? Do you really feel better? At this point you will probably say Yes. But what about 10 years down the road? Are those early influences still going to be by your side then?
  • Your article is completely ridiculous. Most Mormons won't research further into whether J. Smith used a curtain or a hat while translating because, quite frankly, it's a non-issue. Who cares? And to be honest, having majored in religion I can tell you that Mormons know more about their history, and the Mormon church is more open about their history than anyone. You may not like it and may disagree with it, but at least stop using stupid fallacies in your arguments. It just makes you look incompetent
There are people out there who have mastered the fine art of discussion. These people haven't. Sorry if the post was boring, but I really needed the laugh.

Before I go... this has to be my favorite one... EVER!

  • are you so bitter about everything because you are overweight?
Andee


9 comments:

  1. steve-o Says:

    Fascinating. Most of these people wouldn't know Jesus if he walked up to them and smacked them upside the head with a Bible.

    Some other thoughts:

    - It's funny how angry people are so often incapable of writing anything coherent or with decent grammar/spelling.

    - I love the warning (and this is soooo Mormon) that whoever your non-TBM friends/influences are, they won't be there in the future to support you or back you up. That's right, only TBMs are capable of that.

    - Yes, a major in religion definitely qualifies you to say that Mormons know more about their history than anyone...which is exactly why most of them have no idea that there are discrepancies between historical accounts of the translation of the BoM and the "official" account that is taught today. This also demonstrates the openness of the church. Quite the non-issue, it would seem.

    - Let's excuse Brigham Young for his comments when we feel like it, because he was often just telling people what they wanted to hear.

    - The way the rest of the world lives makes the church true. I'm sorry, but the fact that everyone else sucks does not make the church true.

    The church should add marketing and PR classes to the Sunday School program. I mean, seriously--no one is going to change their beliefs or behavior when they're ridiculed and threatened.

  1. Andee Says:

    Eh, I am a firm believer in karma. They will one day realize how hypocritical and arrogant their comments were.

    I would love to know how the young girl who called me bitter and overweight is doing now.

  1. Unknown Says:

    Funny, I haven't seen any half truths or lies on your web site. I have heard plenty in church though...

  1. Anonymous Says:

    Those were funny. I really like the extremely Christ like member of the church who threatened you if you didn't remove what you wrote. Ummm, where do these people find your blog? If they don't like what you write then why bother reading it?

    Also, if they think you are lying, why don't they prove it. One of the most popular phrases in the LDS church when a prophet says something that turns out to later not be prophetic, then they say he was speaking as a man. Why don't they clarify that when he speaks?

    Also, I really like that you are bitter because you ar fat. Only, then why aren't more people bitter in the church?

  1. Andee Says:

    It's hilarious that these people think they are setting an example, isn't it?

    Jesus would be so proud of them!

    As for the overweight comment, I was in shock when I first read it. I might not be a skinny-mini, but I am not huge by any stretch of the imagination. What a horrible thing to say to someone that you have only seen one photo of.

    Classy.

  1. James Says:

    Why don't you take some time to evaluate yourself rather than always pointing your finger at others. You have said plenty of hypocritical things and there are times that I really wanted to point it out but making attacks on people gets us nowhere. I know I make plenty of mistakes and I don't want people to be pointing them out so I try avoid doing that to others.

    One thing I challenge you to do is educate yourself on rhetoric.
    http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Rhetoric_and_Composition/Rhetorical_Analysis
    I don't really know how much you already know on the subject but you don't really show signs of knowing much about. If you do know more than I am giving you credit for, let me know. I really want you to understand the tools used speak out against the church.
    There are people out there who want to destroy members faith and are good at it. I know that everyone who speaks against the church isn't actively against it. There are some people, like you, who just repeat what others have told them.
    Don't accept everything "anti" tells you as truth. Just because an idea is based on some facts doesn't mean it is truth.

    Yes members will say and do dumb things, I know I do all the time. In fact, in Jacob in the Book of Mormon said in his address to the Nephites that they Nephites were being more wicked than the Lamanites. A knowledge of God does not make more righteous people. It comes to an individual's desire to follow God. Just being LDS is not enough to form an expectation for somebody.

    I know there is a good chance that you will ignore what I have to say. You might even find something funny and use it in a post later trying to make members looks bad. That doesn't matter to me because I know that the church is true. I know because I have found out for myself. The knowledge doesn't come through a scientific process. The scientific method is great for science but it has it limitations. Not all knowledge can be gained with it. If anybody wants to know for themselves that the church is true they can if they have a sincere desire to know and to follow God when they do know.

    I am going to wrap this up, just know that I am trying not to make judgments on you with the very limited view of you that I have. I hope that you do the same.

  1. Andee Says:

    James, you are one to tell others to educate themselves. You still believe that I am a lying sack of crap, right? How funny it is that I am basing every one of my claims on historical fact, and you don't have the ability to prove me wrong.

    Please stop with the "I am more educated that you" nonsense please.

    You believe different things, but that doesn't make you smarter. It just makes you different. You sound like you think you are on some kind of different level than us "lowly people."

    Just an observation.

  1. steve-o Says:

    I'm curious as to why James made the comment about rhetoric, but I can only guess that this is another way of saying "you haven't looked at the motives of the authors you've read enough". In my mind, this is part of the very common Mormon "if you're not with us, you're against us" mentality.

    Since we're all making recommendations, I would recommend that James study up on how to debate. Thinly veiled ad hominem attacks are a distraction when we're arguing about whether or not Andee's statements are valid, and whether or not the information she presents is fact or not. Criticizing the author doesn't destroy the validity of her messages or the information she relays here. Certainly the same could be said for church leaders, and I believe Andee to be a person who honestly seeks truth. Many of the church's leaders have spoken and taught truths, and I think most of us can accept that. We do not accept, however, "spiritual" teachings, especially in instances where those teachings incite racism, bigotry and abuse. And, of course, no one who is out of the church is going to submit to any form of "spiritual" authority any church leader might claim.

    One other thing: Andee presents information that is very much of an objective nature. James likes to go on about the limits of scientific methods for uncovering truths. Scientific methods are objective. Religious methods (e.g., "feeling the Spirit") are entirely SUBJECTIVE (unless, of course, God suddenly shows himself to many people at the same time). Embrace subjectivity if you want, but it's fairly meaningless when having an intellectual discussion and hard facts are presented.

  1. Andee Says:

    Good points Steve-O.

    James' arguments and points of debate are arrogant at times... by claiming I have a "limited view" he is trying to claim that I haven't been on both sides of the fence. That is very untrue.

    He talks to me like I am a moron, and I don't appreciate it. No more Miss Nice Andee.