Tree Hugging Is Necessary...

Posted by: Andee / Category: , ,

When I walk to the grocery store or take a walk I always take my camera with me. Yesterday was no exception. I walked up to a beautiful bush with tiny red berries so I could get a close-up and when I got closer I realized a good photo was impossible due to the TRASH.

Seriously folks, the grocery store is less than 3 blocks from my apartment and everywhere I looked I saw litter. In the grass, on the sidewalks, the gutters, in the middle of the street. Everywhere.

Styrofoam cups, plastic bags, clothing, aluminum cans, condoms, bullets, even a syringe!!

It's disgusting!

I am willing to guess that at least 80% of the people in my town are believers of a higher power. They think God created this wonderful world just for us humans to destroy! Who cares? Jesus is coming to take us away anyway, right?

Once I started paying attention to the trash I saw it everywhere.

Halfway to the store I decided to snap a photo of every piece of trash I saw lying around to see how many photos I had.

Any wagers on the number of digital images I downloaded from Henrietta (yes, I named my camera)?

187.

One hundred and eighty seven separate photos. Here are a few of them.



What is so fucking hard about walking to a trash can to throw stuff away??? AGH!


0 comments: