A Quick Thought

Posted by: Andee / Category:


I spent a good portion of the day at work, and we didn't get breaks... it was busy all day. My brain is somewhat out to "lunch" so forgive me if I ramble or spell things incorrectly.

I just wanted to pop in an share something I was thinking about after my 7th hour on my feet helping customer after customer. People come in all shapes and sizes. Some are nice, some are assholes. Some are smart, and some are very, very stupid. Some people understand that things happen, and that everyone is entitled to mistakes, and some people believe that it's all about them all the time... complete egocentrics... "What? I have to wait in line for 7 minutes? You people are incompetent!"

I wish that people could step outside of themselves every once in a while. I wish people could see how they really are. I am sure I could use some of this therapy as well. It would do most people some good. To learn how they come across to others...

I am sure the egocentric guy who got all annoyed because he had to wait 7 minutes would probably realize how rude he was to everyone else in line if he could just step outside of himself. I am sure the really nice woman who apologized over and over again for messing up part of her transaction would realize that she was just fine, and she didn't need to apologize for doing something we have all done at one time or another...

Just a thought.


0 comments: