May All Soldiers Have Moments Like These...

Posted by: Andee / Category:

Today is Memorial Day. Today we remember those who sacrificed their time, talents, heart, and sometimes their lives for the United States of America. I grew up on an Army base, and many of the kids from my graduating class followed in their mothers and father's footsteps and are now fighting the war on terror.

Today is not a time for me to get on my soap box and tell people how much I disagree with the war (although I kind of just did that... huh?) it's a time to say thank you.

So, in honor of these men and women, I want to share these videos. I hope all men and women of the armed forces return home safely and have moments like these... and if that isn't possible, I hope they know how many of us truly thank them for their sacrifices.




2 comments:

  1. Nicko Says:

    Its always sad to hear the news of dead soldiers on both sides isn't it? To know that Daddy or Mummy isn't coming home alive brings some serious tears to my eyes. I couldn't bare losing my wife. I think...slash that I know that despite my dislike for the war and all war, countries should always pay respect financially and socially to the families who have their lives torn apart by destruction.

    Doesn't it make you mad to know that so many lives are hinged on the decisions of so few? Sometimes I really do hate politics....

  1. Andee Says:

    Nicko,

    I am totally against this war the US is fighting. I know the Taliban in horrible, and I know Saddam Hussien was an evil man... but it's not our job to turn Iraq into something it might never be.

    When I used to work at the theme parks in Orlando, I would meet people from all over the world. They would tell me about how they don't like Americans because of what they are doing over seas.

    It sucks, because *I* certainly didn't vote for George Bush, and *I* certainly didn't agree to go to Iraq, but there we are... and everyone in the country is being judged because of it.

    *bangs head on wall*