The Bait

Posted by: Andee / Category: ,

A photo of the flowers I bought my Mom for her new home...

Ever know when someone is trying purposefully to piss you off, or start a negative conversation?

This happened to me on one of my breaks today. Maybe it was just me, but one person in my break room kept making comments about things I was doing. Making my every move subject for discussion... it's just weird.

I don't think this person wants to be my friend, as a matter of fact, I think this person knows exactly how I feel about them. It's not a secret at work that I am leaving the church, or that I wear a CTL ring almost every day (when I remember to!). This person is one of the most arrogant, republican, conservative, egotistical, true-blue Mormons I have ever met in my 29 years of life... and that is saying something... especially when I compare the person to my own family members.

This person has recently made some comments to me in the break room about comments I have made either on my blog or on PostMormon.org. I don't know for sure if the person is following my every online move, but it's just bizarre if the topics come up in conversation out of nowhere.

I never take the bait.

I am not going to be unprofessional, as a matter of fact... I have never mentioned my place of business on my blog, and I never will. I won't even give the gender or age of this person away. It's just something I think about every once in a while.

What do you guys think?

Andee


4 comments:

  1. Anonymous Says:

    Keep a record of the comments in a notebook somewhere other than your workplace. Keep an eye on any escalation in their behavior, especially if they start harassing you more at work. Keep everything on your end professional

    And kick them in the nuts through HR if they step over the line.

  1. Anonymous Says:

    I can't help but wonder if they are related to my family in some way...

  1. Thrilla Says:

    I've just recently found your blog and I have to say it's very interesting and I'm enjoying it. I have a question, perhaps you've talked about this on here before, but what do you think of HBO's "Big Love?" In my final year of my undergrad (Film major) I discussed the politics of the show and did a rather superficial look into Mormon history and polygamy--but my focus was more on the possibly subversive politics of it and that the creators are a gay couple (that perhaps this show supported same sex marriage--something I'm definitely for).

    Anyway, I was wondering what your take on the show was? Most information I could find was from LSD members or polygamist families (former and anonymous current ones). This was done over a year ago, but I would love to hear from a former member.

  1. Anonymous Says:

    wow, it sounds like this person is a total lame-ass. the behavior that TBMs can condone when doing "the Lard's work" never fails to astound me.

    that being said, document everything even if it's in a little notebook or something. harassment is harassment, plain & simple.