Woot!

Posted by: Andee / Category: , ,




Wow.

Windy Sydney has reached it's 500th post. Who knew? I certainly didn't. I didn't realize I had so much to say. I certainly had no idea that people would actually read the blog, I was certain it would remain in the quiet corner of the Internet to be ignored forever.

It's great to still be here, and it's even greater to have met some fantastic people!

Thanks to those who stop by to read, laugh, or make fun of me. Whatever it is you are doing, it's great. I accept that there are those out there who will never fully understand where I am coming from, and thats okay... not wasting any more time worrying about that. This is a great milestone for me and my personal journey. It proves that I am truly not alone out there. People care, and people agree.

I am not crazy.

Whew.

In honor of the 500th post, I decided to take a trip down memory lane and write down some of the things I have learned over these 9 months. Some are serious, some are funny, and some are stupid. Hope you like it.

  • Proofreading = good
  • Spell check = mandatory (I just used spell check to spell mandatory, too!)
  • It's a lot easier to react than to think.
  • Mormons will always assume the worst of me.
  • It's nice to be able to laugh at yourself.
  • Polygamy still exists in modern day Mormonism, whether they believe it or not.
  • Thomas S. Monson gives me the creeps.
  • It's okay to share whats on my mind without worrying what people will think... who cares?
  • I can't type with long nails.
  • Never keep a cold glass of chocolate milk next to you when you type. I learned that lesson the hard way... twice. Yes, really. The second time I had to buy a new keyboard.
  • Coffee is good. Don't feel guilty about it.
  • People are more interested in reading about Pizza Hut's Chocolate Dunkers than the secrets behind the Mormon Temple. Who knew?
  • If Jesus were to come down from the Heavens today, he would bitch slap a billion people. Or more. Probably more.
  • Going to Mormon message boards will only raise my blood pressure.
  • I read the Ensign more now that I used to as a believing Mormon.
  • Spraining your pinkie finger sucks. Really... try typing without yours!
  • It's okay to ban people from my blog.
  • Banning people from my blog doesn't make me a bad person.
  • I am a pretty good judge of character.
  • I should trust my instincts more.
  • I love hate mail. Weird, huh?
  • Anonymous comments telling me I suck make me laugh. Care to share your name? Didn't think so Miss-Holier-Than-Thou!
  • It's okay to ask questions.
  • It's okay to demand answers.
  • People hurting others in the name of Jesus or religion is pure evil.
  • I spend more time at work thinking of topics for my blog than I do actually working. Hope my boss never finds this...
  • There is no excuse for racism, sexism, or any other "ism."
  • I don't trust anyone wearing a white dress shirt.
  • Women wearing flower print dresses make me break out in hives. Oh, the horror.
  • Starving yourself one day per month does not make God listen to you. It just makes you hungry.
  • I love life!


3 comments:

  1. steve-o Says:

    500 posts in nine months is pretty incredible. Congratulations!

  1. Anonymous Says:

    Congratulations, Andee! I initially stopped by your blog because I saw some of the photos you posted on postmormon and I became addicted- who knew? I have learned so much and you've really helped reaffirm my decision to stay far far away from mormonism.

    Love your list- hilarious and true.

  1. Andee Says:

    Thank you guys, I appreciate it. :) It's been fun, I am really glad I decided to start the blog. I think I will go on forever.

    I can't wait to make a post about my 60th birthday party (in 31 years).