Can You Believe This Crap?

Posted by: Andee / Category: , ,


Recently, I have been slammed by a couple people on the now infamous Mormon Temple article I wrote waaaay back in November. Here are some of the things people have said to me this week:


stewbacca said...

So, it is true that once you have abandoned your beliefs in pursuit of sin you cannot leave the Church nor its members alone. The real question becomes then what is your sin that you are not willing to give up?


I have to admit that I thought stewbacca was being sarcastic. I couldn't believe that someone could really believe that I am leaving the church because of something *I* did. I think it's perfectly clear that I have nothing to hide, and I even post under my real name. My life is an open book.

I thought I would reply sarcastically:


Andee said...

stewbacca,

I killed a man just to watch him die... then to cover up my crime I assumed a new identity as a young woman in search of her soul. Then, as luck would have it, Satan himself came to me and told me I could have all the money and power in the world if I gave him my soul. I took him up on the offer right away.

Since then, I have been eating small children, stealing the life savings from senior citizens, and laughing like maniac.

Oh, lets not forget the sex, drugs, and rock and roll. Lots of drugs, too. Heroin, X... you name it. I would tell you more, but I am late for a drive by shooting and then we are knocking off a gas station. I get to hold the GUN!


I thought it would be funny. Stewbacca didn't get it... at all. Check out the reply:


stewbacca said...

That was truly a terrible attempt at an evasion. I doubt that you have ever held a gun much less fired one. I would bet that you spend your time thinking about how much you have been wronged and by whom. Poor little girl had it all but couldn't deal with the stress of "perfection". You would make the deal with the devil for just a little more of whatever it is that you "need". I will not debate the truth with you nor anyone of your kind because that is an exercise in futility.


However, I wonder something. How do you excuse to yourself the breaking of promises. A promise is a promise no matter to whom you made it. You made promises and now you would go back on them and say it is ok because you never believed. That is ludicrous. I could make all sorts of promises and then just say I don't believe. Say on a car loan for example. Oh, look I want that car. Sure, I'll sign the paperwork. Uh, oh, I don't believe in car payments so I don't have to make any.


And finally, be assured, I have seen bad and you ain't it.



Amazing, isn't it?

This person really thinks they are God's gift, huh? Here is what I had to say:


Andee said...

Stewbacca,

It's called sarcasm, it was a joke... not evasion.

What do you want me to tell you? I drink Diet Coke and coffee? I don't sin! Who the hell does anyone think they are asking someone that question? It's invasive and insulting to say the least.

What *you* are trying to do is evasion. You are trying to take the focus off the issues I have with the church, which are valid by the way, and on me. I haven't done anything to warrant that kind of thinking. You are out of bounds and out of line.

You are trying so hard to hurt my feelings or make me upset that I find it comical. I am not trying to be some "poor little girl." That is a label you put on me, not one I painted for myself.

You are trying so freaking hard to make this my fault. It's not. The church isn't what it claims to be...like it or not that is how it is.

The things you are implying are outrageous. Take a step back, look in the mirror, and ask yourself if Heavenly Father would be proud of the way you are judging me. Please.

You claim I need self-examination, and that speaks volumes for you.

Again... sarcasm... look it up. Duh...


What a freaking piece of work.
Andee


5 comments:

  1. Unknown Says:

    Oh Lord, she needs a sense of humor. I love people who take themselves for seriously. After all, she must ignore all truths, just put it on a shelf and believe right?

    What a piece of work!

  1. Anonymous Says:

    Stew- I was having sex with your husband. And your brother. At the same time. While the bishop watched. I feel so much better now!!!!!

    People always blame the person who leaves because they cannot fathom that the church HAS LIED TO THEM.

    In regards to the temple piece you wrote. You don't begin to understand how weird it is until you are there. You sit there and think WTF???? But everyone else is ok with it all. What am I doing wrong that this is soooo weird to me? But my family is here and they are ok with it. Did they really just have be covenant to give everything to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints instead of God's church. Wait, I just put these robes and stuff on. Now I have to take them off just to switch sides they are on? What??? Did they really just say I had to hearken to my husband??? If I get up and leave everyone will thing I am unworthy.....

    Yeah. Nice.

  1. Andee Says:

    Thank Gawd it's not just me...

    I really love stewbacca's car salesman analogy...

    "I could make all sorts of promises and then just say I don't believe. Say on a car loan for example. Oh, look I want that car. Sure, I'll sign the paperwork. Uh, oh, I don't believe in car payments so I don't have to make any."

    I would love to try that on a brand new PT Cruiser. I don't believe in my contract, therefore it is null and void!

    Actually, it's more like the car salesman sold you a huge piece of gum and called it a "car." Then YES, the contract would end.

    Big difference.

  1. BriarRose Says:

    I really dislike what Stew said about promises. I take my promises I make very seriously. I always have. It bothered me a great deal, having gone thru the temple, to then leave the church.

    But is not fair to say that we knew what we were getting into before we set foot thru those doors. No one will tell you what goes on in the temple. "Sacred" they say, but it's really so you can't do the research.

    You are blindsided by the promises and you are scared by the mob mentality. I wanted to covenent myself to God. Instead I made promises to a false church.

    Boy, that still makes me angry.

  1. Andee Says:

    briarrose,

    stewbacca has no idea where any of us are coming from, and probably never will.

    Stewbacca never replied to my last note, and I don't expect it.

    Ignorant, isn't it?