Morals

Posted by: Andee / Category: , ,


A couple people have left comments claiming that I don't have any morals whatsoever because I posted about the Mormon temple. They said things like, "You don't have any idea what you are talking about," or "start talking about things that other people don't find sacred." I do know what I am talking about... and they are never able to explain to me what I am saying that is incorrect. They just run away.


They claim that my morals are in the gutter and that I should wise up and take down the picture of the temple garments and the video of the temple ceremony. If I had any morals at all, I would understand that I was hurting the "one true church." I should take down the stuff because they tell me to. I will make a deal... I stop sharing that information because they think I am immoral, if they stop doing things that I find immoral.


Seems fair, right?


Lets start with the recent efforts from the church to ban gay marriage... The church has always claimed that they never got involved in political matters, Gordon B. Hinkley himself said that on the Larry King show. We all know that is a heaping pile of horse shit.


I remember sitting in sacrament meeting as a child, and listening to my bishop telling the entire ward who they should vote for and why.


There are now church members volunteering their time to go door to door and talk to people about their stance on gay marriage. Someone even told me that one of their ward members said, "We are just telling people how to vote."


How is that not getting involved in politics? Seems like it's pretty political to me!


I could also add baptism for the dead here...


What right does any church or church member have to baptize someone into a religion they didn't choose for themself? Holocaust members were baptized into the church, even Adolf Hitler was baptized into the church. What the hell is up with that?


Why in the world would someone need to be dunked underwater on earth in order for them to move on in the spirit world? The whole idea is just silly to me. And to be frank, I always felt this way... even when I was a true believer. I never once participated in baptism for the dead because I have ALWAYS felt it was wrong.


You don't have the right to make that decision for someone else. It's crazy.


Lying...


How about the church actually tells and shares the complete truth about it's past? Just a thought...


Lying by omission is still lying. I say that at least 5 times a week on this blog, but it's true.


I am the one who is immoral, huh? Yeah... right.


8 comments:

  1. Anonymous Says:

    do you remeber what heavenly father did to his ´son of the morning´ who was rebelious looking for attention? think of before this world.

    Does doing this really bring you joy?

  1. Kalola Says:

    Every time I read your blog, I am inspired. You always tell it like it is. Unfortunately, there will always be folks who "can't handle the truth."

  1. Andee Says:

    Does this bring me joy?

    What do you think? I think it's sad that I even have to deal with the fact that a so-called religion has lied to me for my entire life!

    You think I am being rebellious and looking for attention? Umm... no. This is simply who I am and what I am dealing with.

    I am sorry if you don't understand that, or can't bring yourself to admit that you might possibly be wrong.

    Andee

  1. Andee Says:
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  1. Andee Says:

    kaloah,

    Pretty name by the way... :)

    Thank you as always for the kind words. I feel like I am rambling most of the time, so it's nice to know I am making sense!

    Thank you for reading and for posting!

    Andee

  1. Anonymous Says:

    Of course you are immoral, everyone knows you are Satan!!!!!!!! Oh wait, that is probably a priesthood calling too.....

    Personally the fact that the church tells people to vote is, in my mind, way less immoral than the fact that the founding "prophet" had sex with a 14 year old.

    I have a second cousin 14 times removed who entered the MTC today. I feel it is immoral to ask him to go out and teach things that he doesn't have the whole story on. I think it is wrong that he worked his a$$ off to save for part of his mission, but no one has told him so many things.

    It is immoral that the church will not tell people the covenants they are expected to make in the temple, but feel that a person will leave if they are not comfortable making them-in front of all of their friends and family.

    It is immoral that my cousin will go to a poor country and teach people to give 10% of their income-even if that means they sacrafice food, but we are building a HUGE mall in the US. We expect them to spend more money on "sacred" underwear to PROVE they are close to God. It is immoral that we won't tell these people about our racist past and that we witheld the priesthood from people based on race alone.

    Yep-you immoral jerk......

  1. Oppressed Says:

    Don't sweat the temple details too much, since anyone can become a freemason and learn it all anyway. Won't those silly Mormons be surprised in the CK when all the pagan freemasons show up !

  1. Andee Says:

    Oppressed,

    You are so right!